some links

I have a poem on this unique blog  -

The Mary Evans picture library has more than half a million images online and poets have been responding to some of the images. A lot are historical records, others are more abstract. You can spend hours in there lost in the images.
Anyway here's the poem -

http://www.maryevans.com/poetryblog.php?post_id=6972

We will be doing a reading in October celebrating the poems and pictures in Greenwich.

There is also a new, small interview with me here on the Liverpool University Press blog.

https://liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/blogs/poetry/the-science-nature-and-creativity-of-slant-light-in-conversation-with-sarah-westcott

I have been doing as much reading as I can squeeze in what with work and children. I seem to reading quite a lot of nature-writing and non-fiction. Who knows what is feeding in.. all I do know is that is important for me to read my way in and out of where I might be whether that is on the train or in the suburbs.

I'm enjoying Nan Shepherd at the moment and also a Pelican book about social class which is crisply written.

I hope there is a bit of summer left. It feels like most of the plants and trees have peaked but are holding out too, in a state of gentle decline. I think we might have a golden, settled September.

Happy summers, all

x

Comments

Popular Posts